CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Wow! A month!

I can't believe it's been about a month since my last post--where does the time go?! I swear once the election is over I am taking back control over my life and I will get back to this blog. I started it to force myself into creating and using the things I have hoarded forever, so that's what I'm gonna do! Now if only those pesky holidays don't get in the way... ;)

Here's the "short" list of what I've been up to:
  • Buying a new Honda Civic
  • Seeing the Cheetah Girls in Concert with my little cousin
  • Working...working...and more working...
  • Volunteering lots of hours at Republican headquarters here in Slidell
  • Visiting the fam while they were in town for my cousin's baby shower
  • Seeing New Kids on the Block in concert--so GREAT!
  • Going to the Macy's Grand Opening and meeting Tommy Hilfiger and Gavin Degraw with my 'beautiful life' friend Robin!
  • Seeing Gavin in concert afterwards
  • Going to the VooDoo music experience and seeing awesome bands like: Angels and Airwaves, Nine Inch Nails, Dashboard Confessional, Cold War Kids, I could go on and on...
  • Reading the Twilight book and LOVING it! I'm onto the second one--I can't believe my cousin sucked me in!
I'm beginning to see where the time went!! The four concerts in three weeks is impressive though, right...I guess it really is the 'beautiful life' that I'm living!

Well, now onto the good stuff...I made these cutie wootie ornaments at Scrapfest and just finished them. I did case the idea from someone's blog, so whoever is genius, please let me give you credit! I can't remember what blog it's from! Anyway, I used the clear top tins and stamped a snowman image and put it in the inside. This image is a CTMH image from one of the SOTM sets. I raised the snowman up on dimensionals to add a little depth. To get my 'hanger' I used my trusty cropadile to punch a hole and then added the ribbon loop. I then added clear irridescent 'snow' and glued the tin closed. I'm giving these for presents to some people at Christmas, so I hope those people aren't reading this! Here's the finished product:A look at my Christmas inspiration station/chaos:
I'm working on snowflakes right now for my Christmas cards...now, ask me if I have a design...um, no...why do I need glittery snowflakes? I'm not sure but they're really cute! lol Hopefully next post you'll actually see a completed card with these snowflakes...that would be great, right?!

See ya'll soon! :)

No comments: