CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 22, 2008

I'm back...sort of!

My cousin was in town visiting for a while before she starts her first semester at LSU! We had a great time hanging out--of course, watching the Olympics and catching up on all of our favorite Bravo shows (any other Project Runway, Flipping Out and Shear Genius junkies out there?!) I am an LSU alumni, so needless to say, I'm excited for her and all the good things the new year is going to bring her.

I wanted to send her a special card to let her know I was thinking about her and missing her, of course! I started with some fab Amy Butler paper from Michael's. I love the mat packs of this paper--it's perfect for card makers. I used my Lockhart pencils stamp, that yes, Michelle sold me on! I colored it with some copics and added a little liquid glass (CTMH) to the bowl to give it a little pizazz! I used my Marvy scallop punch and added some Stickles dots to the scallops for some bling. Gotta have that! I used a piece of velvet ribbon I found on those wooden spools from Michael's and voila! I think she'll like it...I hope she does at least. Oh, and the sentiment at the bottom is from the Faux Ribbon Papertrey set. Here's a close up of the image.

Well, I'm sad--the Olympics are almost over, but, hey, I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. I think it was a well deserved couple of weeks 'off'! Sorry the pictures are funky--my camera is acting funny. Hopefully a new batter will do the trick and I'll have some better pics for you in future posts.

No comments: