CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Monogrammed Birthday Ensemble

One of my closest friends, and roommate from LSU's birthday was this past week. I wanted to get her something, but decided the best gift would be if I made her something. She likes all the things I make and appreciates them, which, as I'm sure most of you know, isn't always the case.

I started out with three sheets of coordinating paper from Hobby Lobby. I rarely buy 'cheap' patterned paper, but this sort of spoke to me and I'm glad I did! I'm not trying to be snobby, I just like a heavier paper and sometimes I get frustrated at the flimsiness of the cheap stuff.

Anyway, I knew I wanted to use my Papertrey Trojan monogram set, with the Borders and Corners set. It makes the cutest little scallop monograms that are perfect for notecards. I just used a standard cardstock base and then added a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of the patterned paper. I made a 1" strip of coordinating cardstock to 'ground' my scalloped monogram and then put the monogram in the center. I added a couple of brads to each side and it was the perfect finishing touch! Sarah isn't really bling bling, so this was great for her.

I added in a coordinating checkbook cover, notepad and pen, and card, which are all pretty self explanatory. I used my Papertrey Piece of Cake stamp set for the card. If you have questions, let me know...What do you think? I am thinking of making these sets for my family and friends for Christmas. I know they're pretty 'old' business in the paper craft community, but I really think everyone will like them. If you're a friend or relative reading this, pretend you didn't read this and be real surprised if I give it to you for Christmas, k? lol

Anyone have big plans for the weekend? We're on the Fay lookout this weekend, so I know it'll be pretty soggy here and hopefully, not too much flooding. Poor New Orleans gets a big thunderstorm and we're still flooded in the streets. Yuck! Hope all of you are high and dry...and cool!

1 comment:

mE said...

Darling!!! I love this little set!

Inky Smiles!
E.