CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sketch Challenge

I know many people, including myself, missed Beate during the summer. I hope she had a good relaxing time--I know how it goes to need a break sometimes! I have never had a blog to participate in her sketch challenge before, but now I do, so here goes! For her Sketch Challenge #54, I started out with some fun paper from Foof-a-La (Autumn Leaves). My friend Robin gave me this great pack of papers and I took my inspiration from there! (Are you lovin' it, Robin?!?!)

It's pretty self explanatory and copies the sketch to the 't'! I used a sentiment from a CTMH stamp of the month set, D1187 For Every Occasion. I matted the sentiment with Blush cardstock and used my Fiskars punch to add a little bit of wow. I went with the pearls for a shabby chic look to match the paper. What do you think? I think I like it...the pearls are a lot, but I think it looks good.

I'm so SAD the Olympics end tonight...I wanted to get this post up so I could go check out the closing ceremonies. I guess you'll be back to seeing a lot of me since my Olympics break is over! Just to update you, Fay didn't really affect us too much so far. It's been REAL windy and rainy all day, but nothing too bad. We'll see how it goes overnight. I live on the water, so it's already windy and it's been like a Nascar wind tunnel through our buildings today! :)

2 comments:

Tess said...

Pretty card.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your kind words, Linzi. I did have a fun summer with my kids. Lots of movies, video games and water park visits.
Your card looks great! Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles